ECU beats Delaware State 81-56 in coach Dooley's debut
- Kentucky climbs to No. 1 in AP Top 25
- Winthrop stuns No. 18 Saint Mary's 61-59
- Vanderbilt moves to 2-0 under Stackhouse
- DePaul rips Iowa, off to 4-0 start
- Cincy rolls to first win under Brannen
It featured two new head coaches in ECU's Joe Dooley and DSU's Eric Skeeters.
Dooley will guide a young ECU team with six freshmen on the roster. ECU is led by Fleming, who averaged 12.5 points per game last year. Sophomore Shawn Williams, who was the American Athletic Conference freshman of the year, has been suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules.
Saleik Edwards led Delaware State with six 3-pointers and 22 points.
Skeeters, in his first collegiate head coaching job, was an assistant last year at Maryland-Baltimore County - the 16-seed that upset No. 1 Virginia in the NCAA Tournament. He'll be looking to improve a 4-28 team that finished last in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference.
Updated November 6, 2018