Justice serves up 71-65 win for IUPUI over Eastern Illinois
- Garza scores 30 of 35 in 1st, Iowa rolls
- Louisville pauses hoops, cancels game
- Syracuse player positive for COVID-19
- Hokies' nonconference home streak now 34
- McCormack, Agbaji power KU to easy win
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) Camron Justice scored 21 points and IUPUI held on to defeat Eastern Illinois 71-65 on Saturday.
The Jaguars (1-1) were up by 13 midway through the second half and 10 with five minutes to play before the Panthers (0-2) closed within two with 1:21 to play.
After Eastern Illinois closed the gap on two Josiah Wallace free throws, IUPUI went 7 of 10 from the foul line to pull out the win.
Rade Kukobat led the Panthers with 18 points, Shareef Smith had 13 and Mack Smith and Josiah Wallace had 12 apiece.
The Jags opened the game with an 8-0 run, starting with a 3 from Justice, a transfer from Vanderbilt.
The teams combined to go 41 of 55 from the foul line after 47 fouls and they had 35 turnovers.
Updated November 10, 2018