UC Irvine beats Santa Clara 61-49
- Baylor remains No. 1, top 7 unchanged
- Braun leads No. 3 Kansas by Oklahoma St.
- Garza rallies No. 18 Iowa past Wisconsin
- Michigan G Simpson suspended vs. Huskers
- UNC extends win streak at NC State to 7
The Anteaters (4-0) trailed by five early in the second half before taking control with a 19-3 run to lead 46-35 on Jonathan Galloway's layup with 7:19 left in the game. The Broncos (0-2) got the deficit no closer than eight from there.
Santa Clara had the largest lead of the first half at 19-14 and went into the break with a 26-24 advantage.
Keshawn Justice and Tahj Eaddy had 11 points each, and Guglielmo Caruso added 10 points for the Broncos.
UC Irvine had a 44-34 edge in rebounding and outscored Santa Clara 32-16 in points in the paint.
The Broncos made just 7 of 27 shots (26 percent) in the second half.
Updated November 16, 2018