Iowa State beats San Diego State 87-57 in Maui
- Baylor, Illinois face off in top-5 clash
- No. 1 Gonzaga gets test from No. 11 WVU
- No. 14 UNC, No. 17 Texas in Maui final
- Jackson-Davis leads Indiana by Stanford
- Maryland-George Mason off after positive
LAHAINA, Hawaii (AP) - Marial Shayok scored 21 points, Michael Jacobson added 19 and Iowa State blew out San Diego State 87-57 on Wednesday to win the Maui Invitational fifth-place game.
The Cyclones (5-1) lost to Arizona and beat Illinois to open the Maui Invitational, then jumped on the Aztecs early. Iowa State built a 14-point halftime lead and kept pushing to close out the tournament on a positive note.
San Diego State (3-2) was blown out by top-ranked Duke in its opener and bounced back with a win over Xavier in the second round.
The Aztecs were outscored 22-10 in the paint and outrebounded by 14 to finish Maui 1-2.
Matt Mitchell led San Diego State with 14 points.
Updated November 21, 2018