Iowa State beats San Diego State 87-57 in Maui
- Ohio State No. 3 behind Louisville, KU
- Defense leads No. 5 UVa past No. 7 UNC
- Iowa State upends No. 16 Seton Hall
- No. 9 Zags get late 3s, beat Washington
- 11th-ranked Spartans beat Rutgers
LAHAINA, Hawaii (AP) - Marial Shayok scored 21 points, Michael Jacobson added 19 and Iowa State blew out San Diego State 87-57 on Wednesday to win the Maui Invitational fifth-place game.
The Cyclones (5-1) lost to Arizona and beat Illinois to open the Maui Invitational, then jumped on the Aztecs early. Iowa State built a 14-point halftime lead and kept pushing to close out the tournament on a positive note.
San Diego State (3-2) was blown out by top-ranked Duke in its opener and bounced back with a win over Xavier in the second round.
The Aztecs were outscored 22-10 in the paint and outrebounded by 14 to finish Maui 1-2.
Matt Mitchell led San Diego State with 14 points.
Updated November 21, 2018