Pipkins leads UMass past S. Illinois in Vegas
- Power 5 leagues want player compensation
- Big 12 revenue distribution down $1.1M
- Texas Tech adds ex-Hoyas star McClung
- Kentucky, Irish announce 3-year series
- Terry returns to Arizona as assistant
LAS VEGAS (AP) - Luwane Pipkins scored 15 points and UMass raced to a 16-2 lead in an 84-62 victory over Southern Illinois on Thursday to reach the Las Vegas Invitational title game.
UMass (4-2) will play No. 6 Nevada on Friday night.
Carl Pierre added 14 points, and Curtis Cobb had 11. The Minutemen made a season-high 15 three pointers, one shy of the school record.
Eric McGill led Southern Illinois (2-3) with 18 points, and Kavion Pippen added 12.
Updated November 22, 2018