Charleston beats UAB at AdvoCare Invitational
- Izzo quits board as waiver appeal denied
- Ewing wins at MSG as Hoyas beat Texas
- NCAA gives NC State deadline to respond
- Moretti sparks No. 12 Texas Tech to win
- Butler scores 19, leads Baylor past Ohio
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) - Orlando-area product Grant Riller had 33 points and six assists as Charleston beat UAB 74-51 in the consolation round of the AdvoCare Invitational on Friday.
It's the second-highest point total ever at the tournament. Marquette's Matt Carlino scored 38 against Georgia Tech in 2014.
Riller, who entered averaging 16 points and four assists, has six career 30-or-more-point games.
Jarrell Brantley added 15 points for the Cougars (4-2).
Charleston and Memphis will meet in Sunday's fifth-place game.
UAB (3-2) got 11 points apiece Lewis Sullivan and Jeremiah Bell.
The Blazers will take on Canisius Sunday for seventh place.
Riller had 16 points as Charleston went up 30-18 at the half.
Updated November 23, 2018