Benlevi helps Georgia State beat Tulane 80-76
- Kentucky climbs to No. 1 in AP Top 25
- Grieving Winston keys No. 1 MSU's rout
- FSU tops No. 6 Florida, run in series 6
- Freshmen help No. 21 Arizona rip Illini
- Nwora, No. 5 Louisville beat Youngstown
NEW ORLEANS (AP) Senior Malik Benlevi made five 3-pointers and scored a career-high 25 points and Georgia State beat Tulane 80-76 on Wednesday.
It was the second-straight game Benlevi recorded a personal best, scoring 24 points last Wednesday in a 91-67 victory over Georgia in the Cayman Islands. He also had five rebounds, four blocks and four steals against Tulane.
Kevin Zhang scored 23 points for the Green Wave (2-4). Caleb Daniels added 17 points and Jordan Cornish had eight assists.
Tulane trailed by as many as 17 points in the second half before cutting Georgia State's lead to four with 1:45 to go. Georgia State made seven free throws from there to keep its two-possession advantage the rest of the way.
Updated November 28, 2018