Gardner leads E. Carolina past Maryland-Eastern Shore 70-43
- Kentucky climbs to No. 1 in AP Top 25
- Grieving Winston keys No. 1 MSU's rout
- FSU tops No. 6 Florida, run in series 6
- Freshmen help No. 21 Arizona rip Illini
- Nwora, No. 5 Louisville beat Youngstown
LeDay made a pair of free throws, East Carolina (6-4) led 4-2 and never trailed again. The free throws began an 11-0 run that included a 3-pointer by Williams. The Pirates shot 15 of 27 (55.6) from the field in the first half and led 42-21 at intermission.
Gardner finished 9-of-14 shooting and collected eight rebounds. Davis and LeDay each grabbed six rebounds and ECU outrebounded the Hawks 42-28.
A.J. Cheeseman and Montraz Oliver each scored 14 for Maryland-Eastern Shore. The Hawks, now losers of three straight, missed their last nine shots and didn't register a field goal for the final 9 1/2 minutes. Maryland-Eastern Shore shot 16 of 50 from the field including 2 of 14 from 3-point range.
Updated December 2, 2018