Trio combines for 62, Appalachian State tops Howard, 100-86
- Duke up to No. 1, Kentucky drops to 9th
- Arkansas reinstates F Chaney from ban
- Alabama gives AD Byrne raise, extension
- No. 9 Kentucky struggles by Utah Valley
- Winston speaks after No. 3 Spartans roll
BOONE, N.C. (AP) The trio of Justin Forrest, Ronhsad Shabazz and Tyrell Johnson combined for 62 points - 21, 21 and 20, respectively - and Appalachian State never trailed, topping Howard 100-86 Tuesday night in the first meeting between the teams.
RJ Cole and Charles Williams scored 19 points each for Howard (5-3), which has lost three of its last four games after starting the season 4-0.
Appalachian State made its first five shots to open the game, 10-4. Howard came as close as 15-12 before the Mountaineers built a double-digit lead, 28-18, midway through the opening period on back-to-back 3-pointers from Tyrell Johnson.
The Mountaineers out-rebounded the Bison 49-32 and blocked four shots.
Updated December 4, 2018