Strus' has career night in DePaul's 90-70 win over UIC
- No. 8 Michigan St. takes down No. 6 Duke
- No. 7 Kansas gets past No. 20 Kentucky
- No. 4 Badgers cruise in Ryan's return
- No. 12 Villanova rebounds with rout
- Black helps No. 14 UNC hold off Stanford
CHICAGO (AP) Max Strus tied a program record with eight 3-pointers and scored a career-high 34 points Friday night to help DePaul beat Illinois-Chicago 90-70.
Strus was 8 of 16 from 3-point range and grabbed a career-high 13 rebounds for his third career double-double. He scored 20 in the first half when the Blue Demons (7-2) built a 52-28 lead.
Strus opened the game with a 3-pointer which sparked a 13-2 run and the Blue Demons never trailed. Ferguson's 3-pointer cut the deficit to 17-13, but DePaul went on a 17-2 run to lead 34-15 and led by double digits the rest of the way.
Updated December 14, 2018