Pusica returns to lead Northeastern past Bonnies 64-59
- NCAA: Memphis' Wiseman to return Jan. 12
- UNC's Anthony has near triple-double
- No. 2 Louisville rallies by USC Upstate
- No. 16 Memphis wins after Wiseman ruling
- Vols roll to 29th straight home win
BOSTON (AP) Vasa Pusica scored 16 points with seven assists including a slick bounce pass through the key to Anthony Green for a dunk that provided what proved to be the winning points in Northeastern's 64-59 victory over St. Bonaventure on Friday.
Pusica snapped a 55-all tie with three free throws after being fouled outside the arc then delivered his pass to Green for a 60-55 lead with 1:33 to go. Three more free throws completed an 8-0 run with 15 seconds left.
Pusica, who missed the last six games with a wrist injury, finished 5-of-10 shooting with two 3-pointers. Green was 5 of 5 and had six rebounds.
Northeastern (6-6) led 27-25 at halftime before shooting 71 percent in the second half.
Updated December 21, 2018