Gentry scores 22, Wright State knocks off Oakland
- Top hoops prospect picks HBCU Howard
- UCLA AD Jarmond faces many challenges
- Third party to hear Kansas hoops case
- Sankey: Uniform federal NIL law needed
- Sooners cut $13.7M from athletics budget
ROCHESTER, Mich. (AP) Cole Gentry scored 22 points and Wright State used an early 14-0 run to take command in an 89-73 victory over Oakland on Saturday.
Jaevin Cumberland led the Golden Griffins (7-10, 3-1) with 26 points, including six 3-pointers. Xavier Hill-Mais, who scored a career-high 32 last time out, added 16 points and Karmari Newman scored 13.
After Oakland opened with a 3-pointer by Hill-Mais, Wright State scored the next 14 points and did not trail again. Love scored four points in the run and Hughes had five. The Raiders led 40-29 at halftime and maintained at least a nine-point lead throughout the second half. The lead reached 23 points twice in the final three minutes.
Updated January 5, 2019