Norfolk St withstands FAMU run for 72-62 win behind Jamerson
- Senators plan NCAA sports bill of rights
- Ex-Florida St. C Ojo dies while training
- Tide G Petty to return for senior season
- Buffs' Wright IV to return next season
- Zags F Kispert returning for senior year
NORFOLK, Va. (AP) Derrik Jamerson Jr. scored 21 points with five rebounds, Jordan Butler scored 10 with 10 rebounds and three blocks and Norfolk State beat Florida A&M 72-62 on Monday night.
Armani Branch added 13 points as Norfolk State (7-10, 2-0 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) finished 24-of-49 (49 percent) shooting and 17 of 22 (77.3) from the foul line.
The Spartans led 37-31 at halftime before extending the margin to 52-39 on a dunk by Butler with 10:44 left. FAMU went on a 13-0 run and tied it at 52-all on Nasir Core's 3-pointer three minutes later. Butler responded with a pair of foul shots, Jamerson hit a 3 and Norfolk State gradually pulled away.
Updated January 7, 2019