Illinois State downs Northern Iowa 70-69 behind Yarbrough
- No. 1 Gonzaga extends win streak to 17
- No. 3 Villanova ends 10-day COVID pause
- Spartans postpone second straight game
- Kentucky adds ex-WVU forward Tshiebwe
- Mathurin scores 31 as Arizona rolls
Matt Chastain scored 12 points for the Redbirds (9-7, 2-1 Missouri Valley Conference), who trailed 33-32 at halftime but Fayne opened the second half with a basket and they never trailed again.
The Redbirds led by 10 points three different times in the second half before the Panthers rallied late, closing to 69-67 on AJ Green's jumper with seven seconds left. Matt Hein's made 1 of 2 from the line for a three-point lead. Green's free throws with two seconds left closed the gap to the final score and the Panthers didn't get off another shot.
Updated January 8, 2019