Pusica helps Northeastern peel away from Elon 81-70 in OT
- Izzo quits board as waiver appeal denied
- Swider scores 26, No. 17 Villanova rolls
- Gators hang on after Blackshear ejection
- Molinar leads Mississippi St. by Tulane
- NCAA: Memphis' Wiseman to return Jan. 12
Pusica's 3-pointer to start overtime spearheaded an 8-0 run and Northeastern (8-8, 2-2 Colonial Athletic Association) controlled the rest of the way.
Gresham's layup with 37 seconds left made it 63-all to force overtime. After Elon's Tyler Seibring missed a short shot with 14 seconds left, Gresham missed a pair of jump shots as time expired.
Northeastern built a 40-28 lead at intermission and extended the lead to 47-31 on Bolden Brace's 3 two minutes into the start of the second half. Elon then went on a 13-0 run and Steven Santa Ana's layup with 10:57 left in regulation reduced the Phoenix's deficit to 47-44.
Santa Ana scored 22, Seibring 20 with 10 boards and Nathan Priddy and Sheldon Eberhardt each scored 10.
Updated January 10, 2019