Simonds leads Georgia State over Louisiana-Lafayette 89-76
- No. 4 SDSU gets by UNLV to move to 21-0
- Maryland ends on 7-0 run to edge Indiana
- Spartans cruise to easy win over Gophers
- No. 12 Oregon routs error-prone UCLA
- No. 25 Houston easily gets past USF
ATLANTA (AP) D'Marcus Simonds had 21 points as Georgia State beat Louisiana-Lafayette 89-76 on Thursday night.
Jeff Thomas had 17 points and five steals for Georgia State (12-4, 3-0 Sun Belt Conference), which earned its fifth consecutive victory. Malik Benlevi added 15 points and nine rebounds. Devin Mitchell had 13 points for the home team.
It was Gant's second straight 30-point game. He had a career-high 45 against Little Rock on Saturday.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Elements of this story were generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap , using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated January 10, 2019