Wofford uses early burst; subdues UNC Greensboro 72-43
- Baylor tested but beats TTU to go 12-0
- Gophers hand No. 7 Michigan 1st loss
- Butler rallies to upset No. 8 Creighton
- No. 18 Virginia routs No. 12 Clemson
- No. 21 Ohio St powers past No. 14 Illini
The Terriers (13-4, 5-0 Southern Conference) started the game with a 14-0 spurt and were never threatened. UNC Greensboro (14-3, 3-1) didn't reach double digits until Francis Alonso buried a 3-pointer with 4:40 before intermission to make the score 29-11.
Wofford led 36-16 at halftime shooting 14 of 29 (48.3 percent) from the field. The Spartans shot just 6 of 26 (23.1) and were outrebounded 23-12 before the break. The Terriers finished with a 41-24 rebounding advantage. Cameron Jackson finished with 12 points and Chevez Goodwin grabbed 10 rebounds.
Isaiah Miller led the Spartans with 10 points. UNC Greensboro failed to score in the final 2:12.
Updated January 10, 2019