Sestina's late 3 lifts Bucknell over American 55-54
- Garza scores 30 of 35 in 1st, Iowa rolls
- Louisville pauses hoops, cancels game
- Syracuse player positive for COVID-19
- Hokies' nonconference home streak now 34
- McCormack, Agbaji power KU to easy win
Bucknell led 55-52 on Sestina's back-to-back 3s with 1:18 left. Jimmy Sotos missed a free throw and Sam Iorio's rebound gave the Eagles the ball with 18 seconds to go but they turned it over. Bucknell missed a free throw before Sa'eed Nelson missed a shot in the lane and his 3 at the buzzer went in and out.
American led by as many as 10 in the first half but Bucknell closed on a 10-2 run and trailed 30-28 at halftime after shooting 40 percent but making just 1 of 10 from 3-point range.
The Bison (9-7, 3-1 Patriot League) finished shooting 39 percent.
Nelson scored 18 with seven assists and Iorio had 12 boards and two blocks for the Eagles (8-7, 2-2), who shot 37 percent.
Updated January 12, 2019