Carter, Block lead Ohio's 2nd-half rally in 78-74 victory
- Kansas picked first in Big 12 poll
- UK favorite in SEC for ninth year in row
- Louisville's Slazinski has appendicitis
- Izzo welcomes expectations for Spartans
- Pearl 'confident' in NCAA process
Carter missed both of his first-half shots but scored the Bobcats' first 10 points of the second half and added another bucket in the 15-4 run that erased Ball State's 37-30 halftime lead.
There were 19 lead changes in the game, the final one coming on Block's straightaway 3-pointer after a shot fake gave him a clear look with 39 seconds left for a 76-74 edge. Two Teyvion Kirk free throws finished the scoring.
Ben Vander Plas grabbed 12 rebounds for Ohio (11-8, 3-4 Mid-American), which swept the season series versus the Cardinals (11-9, 2-5).
Tayler Person scored 21 points to lead Ball State, which made 10 of 18 from the arc but surrendered 23 points off 17 turnovers.
Updated January 26, 2019