Delaney brothers lead Sam Houston State past Lamar 69-59
- Big Ten bans Illinois G Griffin 2 games
- Brunk's layup gets Indiana by No. 11 MSU
- Duarte has 30, No. 12 Oregon wins in 2OT
- Jarreau, Mills lead Houston past UConn
- No. 23 Colorado pulls away from WSU
A 3-pointer by RJ Smith gave Sam Houston a 64-50 lead with 3:37 remaining in the game. Lamar rallied with five points from Nzeakor and four by Garth to trail 66-59 in the final minute. The Bearkats closed it out with 3 of 4 from the free-throw line.
The Bearkats were 13 of 27 beyond the 3-point line and the Cardinals made only 4 of 21. Lamar shot 32 percent overall.
The Southland-leading Bearkats (12-8, 7-0) have won eight in a row and nine of 10. SHSU leads Abilene Christian (6-2) and Texas A&M Corpus Christi (4-2) by two games in the loss column.
The Delaney brothers - Josh, a senior, and Cameron, a redshirt senior - have an older sister, Angela, who recently completed her career at SHSU.
Updated January 26, 2019