Holba's 3 lifts Purdue Fort Wayne past Oral Roberts, 82-81
- Maui Invitational moving to N. Carolina
- L'ville refutes recruiting allegations
- College hoops bubble remains possibility
- Former Georgia F Hogue dies at 69
- NCAA hoops season to start November 25
TULSA, Okla. (AP) Matt Holba hit a 3-pointer with seven seconds left to lift Purdue Fort Wayne to its third straight Summit League victory, knocking off Oral Roberts, 82-81 on Saturday night.
The victory allowed the Mastodons to even the all-time series with Oral Roberts at 11 wins each. Purdue Fort Wayne now has won eight of the last nine meetings between the programs.
Purdue Fort Wayne held a 41-33 edge at intermission, but the Golden Eagles staged a second-half comeback and took the lead, 81-79 on Sam Kearns' jumper with :23 left.
Kearns hit 4 of 9 from distance and finished with 27 points to lead Oral Roberts (8-17, 4-6). Kevin Obanor and D.J. Weaver each added 19 points.
Updated February 2, 2019