Scott leads Florida Gulf Coast past North Alabama 71-64
- Senators plan NCAA sports bill of rights
- Ex-Florida St. C Ojo dies while training
- Tide G Petty to return for senior season
- Buffs' Wright IV to return next season
- Zags F Kispert returning for senior year
FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) Zach Scott scored 17 points with five 3-pointers and grabbed five rebounds and Florida Gulf Coast beat North Alabama 71-64 on Wednesday night.
The teams were tied 31-all at the break and paced each other early in the second half. Mercurius and Scott drained back-to-back 3-pointers to move the Eagles ahead 47-42 with 13:07 to play, and again six minutes later to push it to 54-47. North Alabama closed to 61-60 with 2:07 remaining but Catto and Casimir answered with a layup each and FGCU held on for the win.
Freshman Christian Agnew scored 23 points to lead the Lions (8-17, 5-5), who have lost three straight. Jamari Blackmon added 14 points and six boards.
Updated February 6, 2019