Montana St. pulls away late to beat Eastern Washington 74-66
- Kansas picked first in Big 12 poll
- UK favorite in SEC for ninth year in row
- Louisville's Slazinski has appendicitis
- Izzo welcomes expectations for Spartans
- Pearl 'confident' in NCAA process
BOZEMAN, Mont. (AP) Harald Frey scored eight of his 22 points during a 10-2 run in the final two minutes to help Montana State beat Eastern Washington 74-66 on Thursday night.
Jesse Hunt's layup gave Eastern Washington a 66-64 lead with 2:35 to play. Frey answered with a 3-pointer, a jumper and three free throws and the Bobcats led 72-66. The Eagles had three turnovers and missed three shots during the stretch.
Montana State (10-12, 7-5 Big Sky Conference) has won three of its last four games. Eastern Washington (8-14, 6-5) had its three-game win streak snapped.
Frey made three 3-pointers and was 9 of 12 at the free-throw line. Devin Kirby added 19 points for Montana State.
Updated February 7, 2019