Youngstown State hits 3 at buzzer, beats Milwaukee 72-71
- No. 6 Duke set to host No. 8 Spartans
- No. 7 KU, No. 20 Kentucky meet in Indy
- Black helps No. 14 UNC hold off Stanford
- No. 17 Texas rips Indiana, in Maui final
- Bishop leads No. 9 Creighton to rout
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (AP) Garrett Covington hit an open 3-pointer from the corner at the buzzer to give Youngstown State a 72-71 victory over Milwaukee on Thursday night.
Darius Roy made a pair of free throws to give Milwaukee a 70-66 lead with 12 seconds left. Darius Quisenberry converted a 3-point play to pull the Penguins to 70-69. Roy made the second of two free-throw attempts with six seconds left before Covington ended it.
Devin Morgan scored 21 points to lead Youngstown State (9-16, 5-7 Horizon League), which has won three straight. Naz Bohannon added 15 points and 11 rebounds. Covington was just 3 of 10 from the field but made two 3s and finished with eight points.
Updated February 7, 2019