UNC Greensboro downs The Citadel as teams combine for 38 3s
- Pac-12 to start hoops season November 25
- Maui Invitational moving to N. Carolina
- L'ville refutes recruiting allegations
- Accused racist Texas State coach resigns
- College hoops bubble remains possibility
The Spartans (25-5, 14-3 Southern Conference) attempted 36 of their 64 overall shots from beyond the 3-point arc.
Connor Kern led The Citadel with a career-high 32 points on 11-of-15 shooting, including 10 of 14 from beyond the arc, and the Bulldogs made 22 of 42 (52.4 percent) from distance. Their 22 3s were one shy of a program record set on two previous occasions.
The Citadel led 50-49 at halftime and extended the margin to 65-49 three minutes into the second half. UNC Greensboro used a 23-7 run for an 82-81 lead when Lew Stallworth converted a 3-point play with 8:19 to go. Galloway's 3 with 3:26 left made it 91-88 and the Spartans led the rest of the way.
Updated February 28, 2019