Ballock's 39 points, 11 3-pointers lead Creighton by DePaul
- Ex-Florida St. C Ojo dies while training
- Tide G Petty to return for senior season
- Buffs' Wright IV to return next season
- Zags F Kispert returning for senior year
- Seton Hall's Mamukelashvili won't go pro
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) Mitch Ballock made a school- and Big East-record 11 3-pointers, scoring a career-high 39 points to lead Creighton over DePaul 91-78 on Saturday night.
Ballock, a sophomore guard who was averaging 10.9 points per game, made 11 of 12 from 3-point range, 12 of 14 overall from the floor and 4 of 5 free throws. Martin Krampelj added 23 points and 10 rebounds and Marcus Zegarowski added a career-high 10 assists for the Bluejays (18-13, 9-9 Big East).
After trailing 41-34 at halftime, DePaul closed to within four on a 3-pointer by Strus with 15 minutes remaining. The Blue Demons were within 66-63 with about nine minutes to go before Creighton regained the momentum with a 16-3 run.
Updated March 9, 2019