UT Rio Grande beats CS Bakersfield 85-70 in WAC tourney
- Garza scores 30 of 35 in 1st, Iowa rolls
- Louisville pauses hoops, cancels game
- Syracuse player positive for COVID-19
- Hokies' nonconference home streak now 34
- McCormack, Agbaji power KU to easy win
LAS VEGAS (AP) Tyson Smith had 19 points to lead five Texas Rio Grande Valley players in double figures as the Vaqueros beat Cal State Bakersfield 85-70 in the quarterfinals of the Western Athletic Conference Tourney on Thursday. Greg Bowie II added 16 points for the Vaqueros. Terry Winn III chipped in 14, Javon Levi scored 11 and Jordan Jackson had 11.
Smith made 11 of 12 foul shots. Levi also had seven rebounds for the Vaqueros.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 14, 2019