Jones lifts Arkansas past Providence 84-72 in NIT
- No. 1 Duke meets Ewing's Hoyas in MSG
- Ole Miss makes Carter permanent AD
- Thompson gets Tulane by Middle Tennessee
- Hofstra hands UCLA 1st loss under Cronin
- Izzo quits board as waiver appeal denied
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) Mason Jones had 18 points and Reggie Chaney posted 14 points and seven blocks as Arkansas defeated Providence 84-72 in the NIT first round on Tuesday night.
Jones made 4 of 6 3-pointers.
Isaiah Joe had 12 points for Arkansas (18-15). Gabe Osabuohien added 11 points and eight rebounds.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 20, 2019