Faulkner, Dotson send W Carolina past Chattanooga 87-77
- Baylor, Illinois face off in top-5 clash
- No. 1 Gonzaga gets test from No. 11 WVU
- No. 14 UNC, No. 17 Texas in Maui final
- Jackson-Davis leads Indiana by Stanford
- Maryland-George Mason off after positive
CULLOWHEE, N.C. (AP) Carlos Dotson scored 21 points on 10-of-11 shooting and grabbed 12 rebounds and Western Carolina beat Chattanooga 87-77 on Tuesday night in a Southern Conference opener.
Western Carolina (6-2) used a 58-point second half to outscore the Mocs (5-4) by 20 after trailing 39-29 at halftime.
Mason Faulkner scored a game-high 31 points for the Catamounts now winners of four straight. Faulkner finished 8-of-19 shooting but was 12 of 16 from the foul line. The Catamounts were 29 of 55 (52.7%) and 21 of 28 (75%) from the line.
The Catamounts outrebounded Chattanooga 39-25 to overcome their 14 turnovers.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated December 3, 2019