Southern Utah gets past UTEP 82-69 in The Basketball Classic
- Houston No. 1 for 1st time since 1983
- No. 9 Kansas rolls in Self's return home
- No. 11 Arkansas puts away Troy late
- Mississippi St. rips Omaha to get to 7-0
- Pedulla, Mutts lead Hokies by Minnesota
EL PASO, Texas (AP) Nick Fleming had 18 points to lead five Southern Utah players in double figures as the Thunderbirds beat UTEP 82-69 in the second round of The Basketball Classic on Tuesday night.
Dre Marin added 17 points for the Thunderbirds (22-11). Jason Spurgin chipped in 13, John Knight III scored 12 and Harrison Butler had 11.
Souley Boum had 25 points for the Miners (20-14). Christian Agnew added 16 points and Keonte Kennedy had 12 points.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 22, 2022