Cumberland leads Oakland past Youngstown St. 88-84
- G Langford out again for No. 1 Spartans
- Winston, Howard top AP All-America team
- UConn G Bouknight faces several charges
- Second man charged in death of Emmett
- Spartans preseason No. 1 for first time
ROCHESTER, Mich. (AP) Jaevin Cumberland had 23 points as Oakland narrowly beat Youngstown State 88-84 in the Horizon Conference Tournament quarterfinals on Wednesday night.
The Golden Grizzlies made 8 of 9 free throws in the final minute to protect a 79-71 lead.
Devin Morgan had 19 points for the Penguins (12-20). Naz Bohannon added 17 points and nine rebounds. Jelani Simmons had 14 points and seven rebounds.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 6, 2019