Ajayi lifts South Alabama over Arkansas St. 75-67
- No. 1 Duke meets Ewing's Hoyas in MSG
- Blackshear's 20 help Florida rout Miami
- Ole Miss makes Carter permanent AD
- Thompson gets Tulane by Middle Tennessee
- Hofstra hands UCLA 1st loss under Cronin
MOBILE, Ala. (AP) Josh Ajayi had 22 points as South Alabama defeated Arkansas State 75-67 in the first round of the Sun Belt Conference Tourney on Tuesday night. Kory Holden added 20 points for the Jaguars.
Ajayi hit 8 of 10 from the free throw line. He added nine rebounds.
Ty Cockfield II had 21 points for the Red Wolves (13-19). Grantham Gillard added 12 points and 10 rebounds. Marquis Eaton had 10 points and seven rebounds.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 12, 2019