Lipscomb tops Davidson 89-81 in NIT
- No. 6 Duke set to host No. 8 Spartans
- No. 7 KU, No. 20 Kentucky meet in Indy
- No. 17 Texas rips Indiana, in Maui final
- No. 15 UVa bounces back with easy win
- No. 19 Richmond pauses, game called off
DAVIDSON, N.C. (AP) Michael Buckland had 17 points and Rob Marberry posted 17 points as Lipscomb defeated Davidson 89-81 in the first round of the NIT on Tuesday night.
Buckland hit 4 of 6 3-pointers.
Garrison Mathews had 14 points and seven rebounds for Lipscomb (26-7). Ahsan Asadullah added 10 points.
Kellan Grady scored a season-high 31 points and had seven rebounds for the Wildcats (24-10). Luke Frampton added 19 points. Luka Brajkovic had 15 points.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 19, 2019