Stroud lifts UTEP over Eastern New Mexico 71-57
- Garza scores 30 of 35 in 1st, Iowa rolls
- Louisville pauses hoops, cancels game
- Syracuse player positive for COVID-19
- Hokies' nonconference home streak now 34
- McCormack, Agbaji power KU to easy win
EL PASO, Texas (AP) Deon Stroud came off the bench to score 14 points to lead UTEP past Division II-member Eastern New Mexico 71-57 on Friday night.
Bryson Williams finished with 12 points, while Souley Boum contributed 11 points and four assists for the Miners (3-0).
Isaiah Murphy had 14 points for the Greyhounds, while Yosnier Cobas scored 11.
The Miners shot 48 percent from the floor and held ENMU to 35% shooting.
UTEP plays New Mexico at home on Tuesday.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Elements of this story was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated November 15, 2019