Mercer rolls past Western Carolina in SoCon tournament
- No. 17 Illini rally by No. 2 Texas in OT
- New Mexico St. bans Peake after shooting
- Francis scores 14 as No. 1 Houston rolls
- No. 3 Virginia avoids upset to JMU
- Wisconsin hands No. 13 Maryland 1st loss
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) Kamar Robertson recorded 16 points and 12 rebounds to lead Mercer to an 81-53 win over Western Carolina in the first round of the Southern Conference Tourney on Friday night.
James Glisson III had 13 points for Mercer (16-16). Jalen Johnson added 11 points. Felipe Haase had 10 points.
Nick Robinson had 14 points and 12 rebounds for the Catamounts (11-21). Vonterius Woolbright added 11 points and six rebounds. Cam Bacote had 11 points.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 4, 2022