South Alabama beats USC Upstate in The Basketball Classic
- No. 17 Illini rally by No. 2 Texas in OT
- New Mexico St. bans Peake after shooting
- Francis scores 14 as No. 1 Houston rolls
- No. 3 Virginia avoids upset to JMU
- Wisconsin hands No. 13 Maryland 1st loss
MOBILE, Ala. (AP) Javon Franklin had a career-high 28 points as South Alabama edged past South Carolina Upstate 83-79 in the second round of The Basketball Classic on Monday night.
Franklin hit 10 of 12 shots and converted 8 of 10 free throws.
Tyrell Jones had 13 points for South Alabama (21-11). Kayo Goncalves and Marshall Kearing each had 10 points.
Bryson Mozone scored a career-high 29 points for the Spartans (15-17). Jordan Gainey added 16 points and Josh Aldrich had 15 points.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 21, 2022