Stanford sophomore forward KZ Okpala declares for NBA draft
- Drake F Murphy charged after shooting
- Virginia raises banner, celebrates title
- DePaul, Leitao negotiating extension
- OVC tourney in Evansville through 2023
- Adviser spared jail time in bribe case
STANFORD, Calif. (AP) Stanford sophomore forward KZ Okpala has declared for the NBA draft.
The 6-foot-9 Okpala, who is projected to be a first-round draft pick, announced his decision Thursday through the school. He has until May 29 to decide whether to stay in the draft or retain his remaining collegiate eligibility.
A first team All-Pac-12 selection, Okpala led Stanford in scoring at 16.8 points per game while also averaging 5.7 rebounds and one steal.
Okpala was fifth in the Pac-12 in scoring and had 15 20-point games.
More AP college basketball: https://apnews.com/MarchMadness and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated April 11, 2019