Iowa hoops lands guard Evelyn, Valparaiso grad transfer
- Iowa suspends Pemsl for suspected DUI
- UCLA AD Guerrero to retire in July 2020
- Chattanooga extends Paris' contract
- L'ville, Pitino settle two-way lawsuit
- UVa's Bennett declines raise, aids staff
By The Associated Press
IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) Valparaiso graduate transfer Bakari Evelyn has signed with Iowa to bolster the Hawkeyes' perimeter game.
Hawkeyes coach Fran McCaffery announced on Thursday that Evelyn will be the first grad transfer to play for him in Iowa City.
Evelyn spent the past two seasons with the Crusaders after starting his career at Nebraska. The guard led Valpo with 48 three-pointers and ranked second on the team with 68 assists last season.
Evelyn's presence should help the Hawkeyes, especially if Jordan Bohannon is forced to redshirt following offseason hip surgery.
More AP college basketball: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated July 11, 2019