Hokies' McClease announces he's leaving for NFL Draft
- Pac-12 shifts to conference-only in fall
- ACC to decide on football in late July
- Pac-12 Commissioner Scott has COVID-19
- Big Ten to only play conference games
- Virginia: 2 tested positive for COVID-19
BLACKSBURG, Va. (AP) Virginia Tech running back Deshawn McClease says he's leaving school early to enter the NFL draft.
McClease made the announcement Monday on Twitter.
The 5-foot-9, 190-pound redshirt junior ran for 843 yards and seven touchdowns this season, including 126 yards and a touchdown in the Hokies' 37-30 loss to Kentucky in the Belk Bowl.
In his tweet, McClease thanked the coaching staff for playing "a major role in my transition from a boy to the man I am now."
Updated January 6, 2020