Cardinals sign former Falcons cornerback Robert Alford
- Suh agrees to replace McCoy in Tampa
- Browns meet with free agent DT McCoy
- Chargers' Bosa switches to No. 97
- Deaths from brain, heart higher in NFL
- Judge axes 3 lawyers in concussion case
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) The Arizona Cardinals signed cornerback Robert Alford to a three-year contract Thursday, two days after he was released by the Atlanta Falcons.
The 30-year-old Alford spent six seasons with the Falcons, starting all 15 games he appeared in last season. He started the last 76 games he appeared in.
Alford has 10 regular-season interceptions, and returned an interception 82 yards for a touchdown two years ago in the Falcons' Super Bowl loss to New England. The 5-foot-10 former Southeastern Louisiana player was drafted 60th overall by Atlanta in 2013.
More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/tag/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated February 7, 2019