49ers release offensive lineman Garry Gilliam
- Packers to visit Bears in 2019 opener
- CB Gaines rejoins Bills on 1-year deal
- CB Dennard stays with Bengals for 1 year
- Mahomes to join ABC's draft coverage
- Gronk announces retirement from football
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) The San Francisco 49ers have released offensive lineman Garry Gilliam.
Gilliam spent the past two seasons as a backup swing tackle for the 49ers before the team decided to let him go Wednesday. Gilliam could have made $5.05 million this season for San Francisco.
The Niners originally signed him as a free agent in 2017 and then re-signed him to a two-year contract last year. Gilliam played in 24 games with one start in two seasons with San Francisco.
Gilliam spent his first three seasons with Seattle.
More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated February 13, 2019