Still seeking stability at kicker, Vikings bring back Bailey
- Chiefs star WR Hill avoids suspension
- Bills sign S Coleman after Bush retires
- Ex-Giants OL Petrus dies of heat stroke
- Families at forefront for HOF inductions
- Broncos LB Davis injures leg at camp
Bailey's deal was done Tuesday, bringing the fifth-most accurate field goal kicker in NFL history (86.6 percent) back to a team that has lacked reliability and stability at the position for the past five years. Carlson, a fifth-round draft pick, was cut after two games. Bailey's performance was mixed at best, making 21 of 28 field goals and 30 of 31 extra points.
He suffered a groin injury in 2017 with Dallas, leading to his departure from the Cowboys. He posted a career-worst field goal rate of 75 percent in each of the past two seasons.
More AP NFL coverage: https://apnews.com/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated March 19, 2019