Falcons agree to 2-year, $10.5M deal with DE Allen Bailey
- Colts QB Luck announces retirement
- QB Newton expected to practice 'soon'
- Texans RB Miller has serious knee injury
- Pats TE Kendricks suspended for opener
- Brees has TD in lone drive, Saints win
FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) The Atlanta Falcons and former Kansas City Chiefs defensive end Allen Bailey agreed to a two-year, $10.5 million contract.
The 30-year-old Bailey had a career-high six sacks for the Chiefs in 2018.
The signing Tuesday comes one day after defensive tackle Michael Bennett broke his ankle on the Falcons' opening practice of training camp. Bailey, from McIntosh County (Georgia) High School, was not with the team for Tuesday's practice.
Bailey played college football at Miami and spent eight years with Kansas City. He has 19.5 career sacks.
More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated July 23, 2019