Brian Gaine returns to Buffalo Bills as special adviser
- 49ers pull out 48-46 win at New Orleans
- KC takes AFC West with win over Pats
- Rams stay in hunt, end Seahawks' run
- Ravens beat Bills to clinch playoff spot
- Packers get by Redskins, move to 10-3
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) Brian Gaine is returning to the Buffalo Bills, this time as a special adviser under general manager Brandon Beane.
The team announced Tuesday that he'll assist with pro and college scouting.
Gaine spent the 2017 season as the Bills' vice president of player personnel before taking over as general manager of the Houston Texans. He was fired less than 18 months later.
The Bills earned their first playoff berth since 1999 during Gaine's single season in Buffalo.
As an executive, he worked under Hall of Famer Bill Parcells with the New York Jets, Dallas and Miami.
More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated July 23, 2019