Rodgers held out of preseason game with back tightness
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger injures elbow
- Saints-Rams a rematch of NFC title game
- NFL to meet with Brown accuser Monday
- Rams, Chargers to play at SoFi Stadium
- Browns rule out concussed S Randall
BALTIMORE (AP) Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers will be held out of Thursday night's preseason game against the Ravens because of back tightness.
The Packers made the announcement on Twitter , saying the decision to keep him on the sideline "is precautionary."
Rodgers was poised to play the first game since sustaining a concussion in the season finale last year. He sat out Green Bay's 28-26 win over Houston last week.
The back ailment means Rodgers will have to wait at least another week to test out the new offense employed by Green Bay first-year coach Matt LaFleur.
More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated August 15, 2019