Bills reach injury settlement and release E.J. Gaines
- Pats release Brown after 2nd accusation
- Panthers QB Newton won't play vs. Cards
- Eagles WR Jackson out, Jeffery uncertain
- Chiefs' McCoy questionable, Williams out
- Giants WR Shepard: I played concussed
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) The Buffalo Bills have reached an injury settlement and released cornerback E.J. Gaines.
The move was listed among the NFL's transactions made Sunday and comes two weeks after the fifth-year player suffered a core muscle injury during training camp. Gaines was competing for a starting job opposite Tre'Davious White.
He rejoined the Bills this offseason after spending last year with Cleveland Browns, where he was limited to playing six games before suffering a season-ending concussion.
More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated August 19, 2019