Jets' Adams rips NFL for fine, calls league 'a damn joke'
- Washington cuts RB Guice after arrest
- NFL: New protocols to verify positives
- Giants DB Baker charged in robbery
- LB Beasley finally at Titans camp
- Stefanski visited Mayfield in February
An angry Adams wrote on Twitter on Wednesday night that the league docked him $21,000 after he was called for roughing the passer midway through the first quarter when he hit Mayfield with his left forearm just after the Browns star threw a pass.
Adams posted video of the play, saying he didn't sign up to play two-hand touch and doesn't care about "these soft rules" in place to protect quarterbacks. He adds that he will continue to play his hard-nosed style of football, despite the fine.
The NFL's typical fine for roughing the passer for a first-time offense is $21,056.
More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated September 18, 2019