|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Remedi scores 1st MLS goal, Atlanta beats NYCFC in 1st leg
European Football Headlines
- Vela, LAFC hand Sounders first loss of season, 4-1
- Mitrita, Héber help NYCFC snap skid, beat DC United 2-0
- PAOK fans celebrate their 1st Greek league title in 34 years
- How Paris Saint-Germain won its 6th title in 7 seasons
- Benzema scores hat trick for Madrid in 3-0 win over Athletic
- Neymar returns as PSG celebrates title with 3-1 home win
- Lyon, Barca win 1st legs of Women's Champions League semis
- Liverpool returns to top spot; Everton humiliates Man United
- Dortmund keeps pace with Bayern in tight Bundesliga race
- Brighton & Hove Albion-Tottenham Hotspur Preview
NEW YORK (AP) Eric Remedi scored his first MLS goal in the 37th minute and Atlanta United beat New York FC 1-0 on Sunday in the first leg of the Eastern Conference semifinals.
Atlanta, which has won 11 of its 18 road games this season, hosts the second leg next Sunday.
Remedi tapped in a rebound after Josef Martinez's one-touch shot was blocked by Sean Johnson and settled against the post.
Johnson made a big save of Greg Garza's breakaway shot in second-half stoppage time.
Miguel Almiron appeared to open the scoring in the 20th minute but it was disallowed after a video replay ruled Atlanta was in an offside position during the buildup. Atlanta defender Franco Escobar sent a point-blank shot wide in the 34th.
NYCFC has reached the conference semifinals in three straight seasons but has lost the first leg in each.
Updated November 4, 2018