Lyon, Barca win 1st legs of Women's Champions League semis
European Football Headlines
- Jordan Morris has hat trick, Sounders outlast Dallas FC 4-3
- Griezmann finds groove with Messi, Suárez in Barca victory
- Real Madrid falls 1-0 at Mallorca for 1st Liga loss
- Big 3 score to give Barcelona 3-0 win at Eibar
- Ronaldo's step-over move fools another defender
- Lyon's winless run continues, PSG rivals all drop points
- Atlético forward João Félix injures ankle
- Bayern denied again as Augsburg draws 2-2 in injury time
- Spurs stumbles again; Chelsea, Leicester into top 4 in EPL
- Man City beats Palace 2-0 to keep up pressure on Liverpool
LYON, France (AP) Defending champion Lyon defeated Chelsea 2-1 Sunday in the Women's Champions League semifinals, and Barcelona beat host Bayern Munich 1-0.
Watched by a crowd of almost 23,000, Delphine Cascarino opened the scoring for Lyon in the 27th minute and Amandine Henry doubled the lead for the French hosts before halftime.
Chelsea's Fran Kirby had a penalty kick saved by Sarah Bouhaddi, but the English side grabbed a valuable away goal thanks to a long strike by Erin Cuthbert in the 72nd.
Lyon has won the European title for the past three seasons.
Kheira Hamraoui scored for Barcelona almost midway through the second half. Bayern almost equalized when Sara Dabritz hit the crossbar with a free kick in the 90th.
The second legs are next Sunday.
The final is on May 18 in Budapest.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated April 21, 2019