US men's soccer to play Mexico in New Jersey on Sept 6
European Football Headlines
- 10-men Ajax struggles to draw in Champions League qualifying
- Women's national team lawsuit goes to trial May 5
- FIFA sends in emergency team to run Egypt's soccer body
- MLS awards expansion franchise to St. Louis for 2022 debut
- Calls for action from Twitter after Pogba gets racist abuse
- FIFA clears Iraq to host World Cup qualifying games in Basra
- Former Mexican referee to coach 3rd-division Spanish club
- Díaz added to Madrid's injury list ahead of Valladolid game
- Pogba has penalty saved as Man United held 1-1 by Wolves
- In 1 game, Bale shows he can still contribute at Real Madrid
CHICAGO (AP) The U.S. men's soccer team will follow its loss to Mexico in the CONCACAF Gold Cup final by playing El Tri in an exhibition on Sept. 6 at East Rutherford, New Jersey.
The match, announced Monday, is among two September exhibitions the Americans have planned.
The U.S. lost to Mexico 1-0 in the Gold Cup final at Chicago on July 7. Christian Pulisic and Weston McKennie were among the U.S. players who did not speak with reporters after the game. The friendly is on a FIFA date, which allows the U.S. to call in Europe-based players for the match.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated July 15, 2019