US men's soccer to play Mexico in New Jersey on Sept 6
European Football Headlines
- Australia, NZ confirm joint bid for 2023 Women's World Cup
- Norwich City-Leicester City Preview
- Bournemouth-Chelsea Preview
- Newcastle United-Burnley Preview
- Arsenal, Frankfurt, Roma, Rangers advance in Europa League
- LA Galaxy re-sign defender Daniel Steres for 5th season
- Christian Pulisic US Soccer male player of year for 2nd time
- English Premier League hires CEO after blundering search
- Martínez's impressive form could cost Inter Milan
- Amazon secures rights to show Champions League in Germany
CHICAGO (AP) The U.S. men's soccer team will follow its loss to Mexico in the CONCACAF Gold Cup final by playing El Tri in an exhibition on Sept. 6 at East Rutherford, New Jersey.
The match, announced Monday, is among two September exhibitions the Americans have planned.
The U.S. lost to Mexico 1-0 in the Gold Cup final at Chicago on July 7. Christian Pulisic and Weston McKennie were among the U.S. players who did not speak with reporters after the game. The friendly is on a FIFA date, which allows the U.S. to call in Europe-based players for the match.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated July 15, 2019